Too many crops!
I don't know exactly where to put this, but I have so many crops available for above ground farming that I can't see all the options. Some of them are covered up by the other options, such as the option to remove the farm plot. For example, rice is listed so far down the menu that I cannot see it. – unsigned comment by 126.96.36.199
- Known bug. —Lethosor (talk) 14:10, 21 July 2014 (UTC)
 outdoor plants growing indoors
I have one indoor plot that shows outdoor seed options... I have done nothing that I know of to make light come in. The other plots with normal options are 7 squares away. There is a a fungi wood trunk about 9 squares away, though it is a different room, maybe some how the light is getting in around the trunk...? This is the level immediately below the surface.– unsigned comment by 188.8.131.52
- Trees are known to grow up through soil layers, and collapsing tree branches are known to punch through floors (both issues are on the bug tracker). You can examine the top-leftmost tile of your farm with the looLoci (talk) 07:00, 26 July 2014 (UTC) command to see that the game thinks it is sunlit. There is currently no way to remove the sunlit status from a tile; once it is exposed to the sun it is forever light. Note also that farm plots consisting of light and dark tiles perform poorly, so you're best off deconstructing the farm and building an entirely light or dark farm instead.--
 Re: Yield and Fertilization
Removed from article:
- Each seed occupies one tile on the plot when planted. 1 to 5 plants are produced by each seed depending on the skill of the planter. Fertilizing a farm plot results in 1 additional plant produced per seed. So for example, with unskilled planters, yield is doubled with the use of fertilizer.
 Red Crops
It appears that when you store subterranean crop seeds in a light/above ground stockpile, the seeds are not available for planting. (Above ground crop seeds seem unaffected.) Can anyone confirm? Is this a bug? If it's a known part of farming, can it be added to the page? I'm using v0.42.06. --Guest 184.108.40.206 13:06, 23 April 2016 (UTC)
- Nevermind...it appears this is more likely a repeat of 40d:Farming#Red_crops...can the red crops information be added to the page again if it is still relevant? --Guest 220.127.116.11 16:47, 23 April 2016 (UTC)
- It looks like it was just never copied over from the 40d article into the more current ones, presumably because it would need to be verified again for the new version. I don't see why this would have changed, and I think it could help people, so I'm going to copy it over with a verify note. I don't know how to do a copy between versions properly, so if someone knows how to do that maybe they can revert this and do it the right way. (and mention how it's properly done if you want.) And I'll add a link here to the somewhat in-depth v40d discussion about this --2128 (talk) 23:29, 3 March 2017 (UTC)