Welcome to this wiki! Dwarf Fortress rapidly becomes more complicated, and we're always glad to have new writers.
Since you should try to follow wiki standards, and you probably don't know our ones yet, we've made a list of basic guidelines. Note that this is a template, not a customized message for you.
- To tell us who you are when you talk, please sign your posts on discussion pages by typing
- Don't put a question mark in the title of a page. Question marks mess things up, and your page will be moved to a different name.
- When making comments on a talk page, use one more colon before each line in your comment than was used in the comment you reply to. In general, put exactly one empty line between comments by different users but do not use blank lines inside of a comment.
- Avoid making many small edits to a page. Instead, try to make one large edit. This makes the history of the page a lot easier to read.
- Don't edit the user page of another user. If you want to tell them something, add the comment to their talk page.
- If you put a comment at the bottom of a talk page with section headers, you've probably put it in a section. Putting things in the wrong sections is confusing. You can create a section!
- Generally, read and follow the rules. They're like a little constitution, except not boring! Really, read them.