When editing articles, use the "preview" button to spot misstakes. Youve just made 8 editions to Workshops thats very small and close together. Thanks. :)
--Mizipzor 06:52, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
Fastjack is fast :) VengefulDonut 09:25, 2 April 2008 (EDT)
- Gee, thanks :) Just adding some links to the articles while working...
Welcome to this wiki! Dwarf Fortress rapidly becomes more complicated, and we're always glad to have new writers.
Since we prefer that you try to follow our wiki's standards, we've made a list of basic guidelines. Note that this is an impersonal template, so some may not apply to you.
- To let us know who you are, please sign your posts on discussion pages by typing
- Avoid making many small edits to a page. Instead, try to make one large edit. This makes the history of the page a lot easier to read.
- When making comments on a talk page, use one more colon before each line in your comment than was used in the comment you reply to. Put an empty line between comments by different users but do not use blank lines inside of a comment. If your comment has no indents, use
<br>after each line.
- Never, ever, put a question mark in the title of a page. This is not an undoable mistake. The rule list elaborates.
- Most importantly, read and follow the rules. Really. Read them.
--Savok 23:52, 2 April 2008 (EDT)
 vermin pets
I am a bit sceptic on Monarch butterfly, Firefly, Dragonfly as pets. They do not have the [pet] tag but have [VERMIN_NOTRAP]. Did you catch some? did elves bring them? --Koltom 08:21, 28 July 2009 (UTC)
I have had elves bringing them to me, but usually insects as pet needs a bit of tweeking like adding the [PET]-tag, or removing [VERMIN_NOTRAP] as you probably know. --Fastjack 10:33, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
As an afterthought, I have also caught them with vermintraps. With hunter etc. running with a trap or baiting them... Some of my dwarves keep them as pets for some reason... --Fastjack 09:59, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
 It's enough already
It's nice that you are doing all this work and trying to put some color into the creature articles, but you are putting in way too many errors and confusing things, too - a creature is predatory if it's in the raws, if not, not. This actually matters for game behaviour, too. Real world info, that is not found in the raws too, goes into a separate sentence at the bottom. The raws can be viewed from right in the article, btw. Lastly, watch the grammar and spelling a bit more. For a start, here are a few periods, articles and pronouns for use .....,the,the,the,a,a,an. --Birthright 21:48, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
Sorry. I didn't check the raws, because I thought sharks would be predatory by standard. My bad. I have allways had difficulties using articles, because my native tongue doesn't use them at all... I'll try to improve. --Fastjack 11:10, 1 December 2009 (UTC)